Brief Description About the JEST 2014 Exam Syllabus
Welcome to jobsbig.com. Joint Entrance Screening Test is commonly known as JEST Exam. JEST is the entrance test of the Ph.D. Admission in the University. By conducting this JEST Exam the candidates will be short listed for candidates to be interviewed for Admissions of the Ph.D./Integrated M.Sc.- Ph. D. programs in physics and Theoretical Computer Science, in a reputed premier institutes in a country, with eligibility criteria is M.Sc. in Physics M.E/M.Tech as per the JEST 2014 Notification. The JEST 2014 Notification details like JEST 2014 Notification Details, Application form status through online, downloading of Application, exam dates and syllabus is announced by the University Examination Board through the official website of the JEST 2014 www.jest.org.in. JEST 2014 Exam should to be held on 16th February 2014 and the online Application form start from the 11 November 2013 and the last date of application is 10th December 2013.
The Examination Board of University released JEST Exam Pattern 2014 and the examination Board also released the JEST Exam Syllabus 2014 through the official website www.jest.org.in. The JEST Exam Syllabus 2014 for the all the candidates are same, that is the JEST Exam Pattern 2014 is common to all the graduation candidates who applied for the JEST 2014 exam. Follow the JEST 2014 Exam Preparation tips for the Physics students and Computer Science background questions from the official website and also from JEST 2014 Exam Previous Papers.
Subjects in the JEST 2014 Exam Syllabus:
The JEST Exam Pattern 2014 and Syllabus for JEST 2014 is also same to all the candidates who are applied for the JEST 2014 Entrance exam and will not depend on the qualification. Ph.D. Admission Entrance Test 2014 Syllabus is related to the subjects of the research topics in M.Sc. Physics and also related to Theoretical Computer Science. In the JEST 2014 Exam Syllabus standard M.Sc. Physics particularly presumes that you have basic course in Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Mechanics,Statistical Mechanics, and other special subjects such as Matter Physics, Electronics, and Nuclear Physics and other special subjects. The Ph.D. Admission Entrance Test 2014 Syllabus and also JEST 2014 Exam Preparation Tips are given below.
1. All questions in JEST Exam Pattern 2014 are objective type only.
2. Physics Syllabus
- In the JEST 2014 Exam Syllabus will covers standard M.Sc. physics syllabus approximately 40%
- And B.Sc. Physics syllabus is upto 60%.
3. The Theoretical Computer Science Syllabus for JEST 2014 Exam subjects like
- Analytical Reasoning
- Discrete Mathematics
- Simple principles of Programming
- Combinational, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Graph Theory.
JEST 2014 Exam Previous papers:
The model questions of various subjects are available in the JEST 2014 previous papers of the JEST 2014 through the officil website www.jest.org.in. The questions of various topics in physics and computer science are as follows in JEST 2013 Question paper.
Ex. JEST 2013 Exam Question Paper
Physics Syllabus in JEST 2013 Question Paper
- Classical Mechanic
- Electromagnetic Theory and Optics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- Mathematical Methods
- Electronics and Experimental Methods
Theoretical Computer Science Syllabus in JEST 2013 Question Paper:
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science,
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools
- Fundamentals of Data Structures
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
- Introduction to Algorithms
Structure and Content of the JEST 2014 Exam Pattern:
Based on the JEST 2014 Exam syllabus of the JEST Entrance exam question papers will be prepared by the Board of Examination. The JEST 2014 Exam Previous papers are also available in the official website JEST 2014 Examination Board and also JEST 2014 preparation tips available. As per the rules of the Examination Board the JEST 2014 Exam Pattern will be like this, that is given below. And all the questions of the JEST 2014 Exam Pattern should be solving within the 3 hrs.
Physics Syllabus Questions Pattern:
- The total marks of the JEST 2014 exam is 100 marks.
- Physics exam of the JEST 2014 is multiple choice question paper only.
- Question paper of Physics of JEST 2014 consisting of 2 levels of difficulty.
- The 1st level has 25 simple questions of 1 mark each.
- The 2nd level has 25 tough questions of each 3 marks.
- Approximately 40% questions coming from B.Sc. level and remaining 60% will be of M.Sc. level.
Theoretical Computer Science Syllabus Questions Pattern:
- The Question paper of the Theoretical Computer science will mainly focus on the theoretical Computer Science Syllabus subjects like is that the basics concepts of the Analytical Reasoning and deduction, Discrete Mathematics, principles of Programming, combinational, Data Structures and Algorithms and Graph Theory.
- In the JEST 2014 Exam Pattern Computer Science question paper have both varieties of questions short answers as well as detail problem solving.
Name of Organization : JEST 2014 Examination Board
Category : JEST 2014 Exam Syllabus
Website URL : www.jest.org.in
Role : Admission Eligibility Test for Ph.D.